Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blue Gatorade

Yesterday I saw a little girl drinking a blue Gatorade, and her mouth was all blue. She was drinking it so fast that she gasped after each sip.

Her dad looked down at her as they entered the train, saying, "I can't believe you like that stuff. DIS-gus-ting. I'm a bad father for buying it for you. Now this," he reached down into his plastic bag, "This is yummy goodness." He pulled out a Naked juice.
"What is it?" asked the blue-cheeked kid.
"Carrot juice," he replied.
"Yuck!"

Later I heard more snippets of their chat.

"Why don't you write your next story about a handsome dad who is also a king?" asked the man.
" 'Cause," she explained, "I don't wanna write about that. And I already know what I wanna write about."
"And what's that?"
"John and Luke and those ones."
"Why do you wanna write about them?"
" ' Cause they're the only ones who like Gatorade."

With that, she delightedly slurped down the rest of her drink. I wish I could read her stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment