Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Avatar

I have recently become very interested in assistance pets, especially seeing eye dogs, because their owners have presumably never seen them. I don't know how people are set up with these dogs, but I wonder if they've chosen the dogs or if the dogs have chosen them, like wands at Ollivander's. I wonder if they realize how much their dogs represent them in the world, and I can't help but notice that each dog seems to match its owner in some way. Today I saw an old man in a button-up striped shirt with high-waisted shorts and boots. His dog was a muttish German Shephard with a lovely fatigue about him. When the man sat, the dog sauntered over to him and folded himself up for a rest. They were tired old friends and they belonged together.

No comments:

Post a Comment