Pages

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Everybody Dance Now!

I was riding into the city with my friend Joelle this weekend when three men in track suits and shades boarded the train with a boom box blasting C+C Music Factory.

"Ladies and gentlemen! It's your lucky day today, because you are about to see the show! Black guys dancing, here we go!"
"Yes, that's right! And all you have to do is sit back and put your hands together!"
"And remember, all we ask is that afterward, you hook us up with a generous donation. The best nation is a DO-nation!"

And one by one, they danced. The last guy did about fifteen flip-flops in the aisle of the moving train. We were all laughing and clapping at the break-dancing marvels. At the end of the song, about two stops later, they left, and we were back to ordinary commuting.

I turned to Joelle. "I love my life."

1 comment: