Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Tie Guys

I saw some young professionals on the train yesterday. I was reading and sleepily resting my head on the post near me, when another body slowly took over the post from the other side. I lifted my head to see what was happening, and two twenty-something men in fancy suits stood next to me. Their pants were neatly creased, and their haircuts were short and crisp. They were discussing a co-worker and laughing. One man hung his coat over his arm and tilted his head to smile like a J. Crew model. When he lifted his hands to tie his tie, I saw that he was wearing rubber gloves. He continued chatting while he familiarly tossed the tie into a full windsor. I didn't want to stare, so I looked down at my book to continue reading. After a few pages, I glanced back up at the guy with rubber gloves, only to find that he had taken them off and was now holding a handle on the train with his bare left hand. But his tie was pristine. I guess some people are just very particular about their ties.

No comments:

Post a Comment